Use the controls, below, just like you would a VCR. Click the "Play" arrow to begin. This page must remain open to continue listening. To browse the internet while you listen, open a new browser window by clicking on "File", then "New", then "Window".
If you appreciate this sermon ministry then help spread the Word and recommend it to others by voting for this sermon. [You will then have to scroll down to enter your vote.]
But Continue Thou…
2 Timothy 3:14
says, “But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them.”
ILL.- Joe: “My college really turned out some
Graduates, you’ve turned out alright…you’ve turned out great! You’ve learned a lot from many teachers, including your parents God gave you…and your parents learned so much too…not the least of which is how to make Budweiser [send him to school!] And you learned many things, including how to make antifreeze [hide her nightie!]
You’re older and wiser…
ILL.- Kyle walked up to his teacher’s desk,
holding a report card with a big red F. He said, "If I were you I would
change this while you still can."
You’ve become role models for many of the younger ones here who look up to you…you’ve become a teacher yourself! You should recognize the power of your influence and step up to the place of leadership, by always being a learner and continuing to look for wisdom.
ILL.- A school teacher injured his back in
the summertime and had to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his
body for weeks. It fit under his shirt and was not noticeable at all. He
transferred to a new inner-city school on top of that. On the first day of
school, still with the cast under his shirt, he found himself assigned to
the toughest students in that rowdy school.
You’ve earned some respect…you’ve sharpened your edge…but don’t “fly off the handle” in the pride”, rather, whet the edge and keep your edge in life! Many adults lose their cutting edge by not remaining learners, growing complacent, and ceasing to go forward.
· You have been in school now for 2160 days.
· You have spent 12,960 hours in classes.
· That translates into 777,600 minutes.
· So far you’ve lived approximately 18 years.
· You’ve been around 216 months.
· You have been breathing 936 weeks.
· You’ve been going through the motions for 6,552 days
· You’ve been here 157,248 hours.
· You’ve been taking up space 9,434,880 minutes.
· You’ve slept 52,500 hours.
· You’ve watched T.V. 12,173 hours.
· You’ve spent 7,488 hours eating.
· If You live the average life span of 70 years, or as the
Bible says 3 score and 10, You’ll...
· SLEEP ............24 YEARS
· WORK ............14 YEARS
· PLAY ............ 8 YEARS
· EAT ............ 6 YEARS
· DRIVE .............5 YEARS
· TALK .............4 YEARS
· GO TO SCHOOL.. ....3 YEARS
· SICK .............3 YEARS
· STUDY & READ.......3 YEARS
· MOST OF YOU WERE BORN in the mid to late 80’s
YOU WERE WRINKLED, RED, BALD, TOOTHLESS, COULDN’T HARDLY SEE, CRYING, COMPLAINING, AND HAD NO CLOTHES ON.
Well, you’ve come a long way, baby! You’ve reached a milestone. But this is not the end…it’s really just the beginning! You’ve come to the end of a big episode, but just before the credits roll, across the screen flashes the words: “To be continued!”
ILL.- John Adams said, “There are two types of education: One should teach us how to make a living, and the other how to live.”
THERE ARE TWO KINDS OF COURSES IN LIFE
I. REQUIRED COURSES.
1. LIFE - YOU GOT NO CHOICE - WHERE - WHEN - WHO PARENTS
2. DEATH - “IN ADAM ALL DIE” (I Cor.15:22)
• “MUST ALL WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY OF SHADOW”
• “IT IS APPOINTED UNTO MAN ONCE TO DIE” (Hebrews)
3. JUDGMENT - “AFTER THIS THE JUDGMENT.”
A. JUDGMENT SEAT OF CHRIST. (II Cor.5:17)
B. GREAT WHITE THRONE. (Rev. 20:14,15)
II. ELECTIVE COURSES.
1. TO BE SAVED OR TO BE LOST.
“Nature forms us. Sin deforms us. School informs us, but only Christ transforms us.”
2. TO BE SPIRITUAL OR CARNAL.
3. TO BE SCRIPTUAL OR LOGICAL. (HUMANISM)
4. TO BE SAFE IN GOD’S WILL OR YOUR OWN WILL.
But continue thou in the things thou hast learned! Go the distance…stay the course, fight a good fight, finish the course!
All Sermons and Slideshow Presentations Copyright Jerry Shirley and Grace Notes Ministries unless otherwise credited.